Gorsky and Dani California

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
bibblesbunnys

Gorsky and Dani California

Post by bibblesbunnys »

the hellhole of a hutch in the hot sun that they lived in
the hellhole of a hutch in the hot sun that they lived in
Img78180054.jpg (23.53 KiB) Viewed 127 times
Two of our latest rescues are Gorsky and Dani California. We named him Gorsky as it is a Polish-ism for mountain range - he is a big bunny. Dani is named after a Red Hot Chili Peppers song because she has a California shaped spot on one of her eyes. They are very sweet, were quite timid at first, and now after only two weeks getting to trust us. Gorsky was blinded in one eye but with vet treatment has regained sight in it! They were overweight, he was drastically so but now have slimmed down quite a bit with a mostly hay diet. He is very vocal and talks all the time, even whilst eating. Dani may be pregnant as they are not snipped, and Gorsky is going for his snip tomorrow. I did not want to stress them even more than they were when they arrived so I did not separate them, nor did I think they were ready for any surgery at the time. They lived in a very small hutch that was ironically in a huge walled garden. Gorsky had never seen his own shadow, it would have been comical when he first saw it on a sunny day whilst having a big run around in our play area if it was not so sad that he had never seen it living in that depressing small home made hutch. Despite that he is so sweet and she is as well. I worried about them for over a week, at the time the woman had rang me I was trying to save our little Nethie Fifi who had not recovered from her spay very well and nearly died. (it took 11 days to get her back to a semi weakened state from very poorly) and it was very hot that week and I knew Dani and Gorsky were baking in the hot sun facing west...the woman changed her mind back and forth and then finally she range me again at night and we rushed over and took them and two other rabbits, a young mum and her wee baby too. They only had Tesco Value Food to eat. One bunny did not make it, he died of tooth abscess in that period.
look at him go!
look at him go!
2runnin.jpg (132.11 KiB) Viewed 127 times
ballerina Dani!
ballerina Dani!
2danijump.jpg (81.1 KiB) Viewed 127 times
Each bunny here has a sad story, but now they have a happy one too. I love them all so much, each one is so special to me.
Blackberry

Re: Gorsky and Dani California

Post by Blackberry »

So sad that so many bunnies are kept like they were :(

Glad these two are now in good hands :)