Tameside Rabbit and Guinea Pig

Here you can see the work done by the rescues we support and where the money goes each month.
elaine

Tameside Rabbit and Guinea Pig

Post by elaine »

Thank you for the donations we receive which helps to pay towards our endless vet costs.
Over December and January it has been very quiet for rehoming but there is a endless request for spaces. We have taken a rabbit called hope in who lives in foster as she doesn't use her back legs, she does have feeling but seems unable to use, this doesn't stop her in the slightest. She is now a house Bunny and loves her time to follow the foster round.

Yesterday we took in a hairless that has been to 4 different vets for possible bladder stones he is 3 months old and is not doing well at all he should be going to the exotic vet in the morning to try and see what the problem is but has deteriated today

We have had a influx of pregnant guineas and some have now had litters, same with rabbits we have had a few come in pregnant so again will have babies being born
Hunnybunny2007

Re: Tameside Rabbit and Guinea Pig

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Thank you for your update :)

It's so sad that people are already starting the new year by wanting to rehome their pets, it seems to be the same story with all the rescues we support, the rehoming is slow but the waiting list is increasing :(

Tameside are entered in Januarys draw - good luck :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

It's interesting to hear about your rescue.:) Glad that Hope is more settled and hope that the new hairless bunny will be able to be treated by your exotics vet. I hope you find new homes for all the forthcoming babies when they are old enough to be rehomed.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
elaine

Post by elaine »

Been a busy few weeks at the rescue never seems a day we are asked to take 10 plus rabbit in at the moment we have no rabbit space as we are finding rabbit very slow to rehome and a lot coming in have health
And temperament issues.
We are finding more Rabbit wanting to come in where bonding has broken down and this is leading to single Rabbit needing homes which is a real issue to find suitable homes we now have a mum and babies who have been here since being born here these are now 7 months old these are only here due to being agouti and stand up ears
Guinea pigs we have had a lot of pregnancy ones come I so our numbers are going to rise dramatically
elaine

Re: Tameside Rabbit and Guinea Pig updates done

Post by elaine »

Thread updated
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

elaine wrote:Been a busy few weeks at the rescue never seems a day we are asked to take 10 plus rabbit in at the moment we have no rabbit space as we are finding rabbit very slow to rehome and a lot coming in have health
And temperament issues.
We are finding more Rabbit wanting to come in where bonding has broken down and this is leading to single Rabbit needing homes which is a real issue to find suitable homes we now have a mum and babies who have been here since being born here these are now 7 months old these are only here due to being agouti and stand up ears
Guinea pigs we have had a lot of pregnancy ones come I so our numbers are going to rise dramatically
Thank you for your update :)

I love Agouti bunnies, they are the original Peter Rabbits, and the ones I've previously had have been healthier than the lop ear bunnies :) It's so sad they are overlooked purely because they don't look as cute as lops and their colour isn't as appealing, perhaps if people knew they are likely to have less dental issues they would be favoured more :(

Tameside Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue will be entered into our March draw - good luck :)