My new arrivals - Flopsy and Ginger

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Hunnybunny2007

My new arrivals - Flopsy and Ginger

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

This is Flopsy ..........

She is approx 3 years old, she belonged to a man who left her at his sisters when he moved out, the lady didn't want her and had recently been through a rough time and was rehoming her own pets. Flopsy was sharing a small hutch with a guinea pig and judging by the size of her she was getting his share of the food :(

Unfortunately I couldn't bring the hutch they were in as my daughter had taken me to collect them and we had Logan in the car too, so I just hope that it's been taken to the tip :(

I've joined two hutches together with a run inbetween so they can still see each other, Ginger really misses her, but she was continually humping him :( Ginger is going to be castrated in the next week or so, then he can have a wife of his own :)

Ginger, is very skittish and is only just getting used to humans, he tends to hide under the hay until I've gone :(

Please don't judge the two small hutches (both were in quarantine away from my rabbits at this time) and this was the only way I could keep them together, but separate, these are my "emergency hutches"

They have separate time in the run - Ginger looking for Flopsy :(

They do groom each other through the wire, both are in need of companionship, but of their own species :)

Flopsy was spayed on Friday and has made a very quick recovery :) she's currently indoors, but will be going back outside in the next few days :) The vet said Flopsy is a very lucky girl as her uterus was enlarged and she had cysts, she said in a few months time these could have turned into cancer :(

Flopsy will be bonded in a few weeks time, hopefully into one of my existing groups :)
Orange

Re: My new arrivals - Flopsy and Ginger

Post by Orange »

Deleted
Last edited by Orange on 23 Sep 2019 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Orange wrote:
Hunnybunny2007 wrote: They do groom each other through the wire, both are in need of companionship, but of their own species :)

This is such a poignant photo.I really feel for Ginger. I'm so glad they are both starting a much happier life now.

Ginger will be much better when he has a lady friend (or two??!) of his own kind. :)
Stop encouraging me :))
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

I forgot to add that Flopsy is very much like Honey our first bunny :)

Honey

sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I do hope Flopsy with bond well with your group :) and that Ginger will get a new friend of his own species when he's been neutered. :)

It's nice that the separation of them is a gradual process. I'm sure they will both be happier with partners of their own species.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
hurricanhoney

Post by hurricanhoney »

What a lucky pair to have found you.
Apache

Post by Apache »

Aww - you can tell that they really miss each other :-(

But i"m sure they will both be happier like you said, with companions of their own species :-)

they're both adorable though :-)
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

sdf76 wrote:I do hope Flopsy with bond well with your group :) and that Ginger will get a new friend of his own species when he's been neutered. :)

It's nice that the separation of them is a gradual process. I'm sure they will both be happier with partners of their own species.
I do feel sorry for Ginger, but like you've said I did try to make the separation a gradual process so's not to cause too much stress for either of them, it's just so sad watching him :(
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Hunnybunny2007 wrote:
sdf76 wrote:I do hope Flopsy with bond well with your group :) and that Ginger will get a new friend of his own species when he's been neutered. :)

I do feel sorry for Ginger, but like you've said I did try to make the separation a gradual process so's not to cause too much stress for either of them, it's just so sad watching him :(
... but less sad than if she broke his back mounting him. You are doing the right thing.
I'm sure they will be happier with friends of their own species in time. :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

lovely little pair and so sad they need splitting but with time and their own kind they will be happier