4 Sad New Arrivals

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
honeybunny

4 Sad New Arrivals

Post by honeybunny »

A group of rabbits were highlighted on FB as needing rescuing. We could not take them all but agreed to take 4, the others have now got space at another rescue.
They had been kept in very small ( 2 foot hutches) and dirty conditions.
A lovely person who adopted Bouncer from us transported them up to us and he was quite upset at the state of them . They all stank.

First a male. Matted underneath with huge lumps of filth, had bad mite infestation and a very sore eye which may be dental issues. He is also terrified of being touched :(
Now named Carter
his underside on arrival

and the lad himself showing his sore eye

next a slighlty blurred pic of young girl, filthy underneath but in better general condition than the others. Now called Lizzie

Next the underside of another girl now named Lorna..absolutely flithy and matted. Her back feet are so bad I cannot take off all matts or they would be bald..again very shy of human contact
that is a foot about 2/3 up on right :(

and the girl herself

then a lovely little lass, now called Clara. This little girl is fine being handled and actually snuggled into me, I like to think she realised I was trying to help her. She has found a place in my heart :x
You can see the matts from her tummy, bottom and feet sticking out from under her

Carter is going to our vet on Friday to be neutered and have his teeth and eye sorted. The money from this months PAP draw will go to his costs so thank you very much
sdf76

Re: 4 Sad New Arrivals

Post by sdf76 »

Quite apart from the matted fur on them all, Carter's eye looks so sore :(
You are a star (*) for taking them all on honeybunny, and pleased to hear that the Pledge a Pound donation has helped.

I hope they all get the loving homes they deseve when they are well enough for rehoming.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Orange

Post by Orange »

Poor bunnies :(

It is so good you are able to take them in and show them all love and care. I have no idea how people can let animals get into such a state.
Apache

Post by Apache »

Poor Bunnies :-(

Well done for taking them in, and least their future is now looking a lot brighter x
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Poor bunnies, but they do have lovely fur colouring. Bless you for helping them.

Sending special vibes for Carter's op. xx
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
kermit

Post by kermit »

Awww, I hope they all thrive in your care. Wee souls x
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

some of you may have seen the update on FB
Lizzie was speyed today and came through fine..she was checked over first and had some matts shaved off while she was under GA .
Carter was neutered and whilst undewr also shaved a bit to tidy him up. He came through fine. He also had his tear ducts flushed and has drops and Baytril as slight infection.
The bad news is his teeth are a mess :( Looks as if his top incisors were removed before but have partly grown back, he had some molar spurs and one tooth was growing sideways into his cheek..no wonder he looked miserable
BUT I cannot belive this and please all keep your fingers crossed...he has the offer of a fantastic home when well enough to go..lady is aware he will need future treatment AND will adopt another of our girls to be his partner :) :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Aw- that's great news for Carter and whoever is chosen as his wifebun. :)
Good update on them all too. :)
so pleased for you :)
sue :)
A lot of people(like me) are not Facebook users, so always good to hear the update on the forum. thankyou. :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Poor bunnies what a state they were in. Thank goodness they are now safe with you. Fantastic news Carter has a home lined up with a wife bun :) :)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Thanks for updating us on here. Sending lots of vibes for Carter, and hope also Lizzie continues to recover well. Kind of Bouncer's owner to help with transport too. :-bd
Spenser is pondering a new signature...