A chance to win a £20 Hay Experts voucher

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
mini lop1

Re: A chance to win a £20 Hay Experts voucher

Post by mini lop1 »

maybe worth putting this up in comps section too, as I didn't know about this thread until read on facebook news :ymblushing:
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

yaretzi wrote:Are we able to enter this if we didn't officially adopt from a rescue? I originally got my two from someone who was going to dump them out into the park near my college. I'm assuming we aren't allowed to enter but I thought I'd ask!
They're still rescued :)
mini lop1

Post by mini lop1 »

This is how the story all began, my rabbit craze, that led me to who I am
One sunny day at my nans, my cousin went out and we thought she was pulling a scam
No joke it turned out to be, yes there was a large rabbit sat in garden, froze
the poor thing no she wasn;t having a doze

turns out she was chased by a dog, and was scared
she went to my nans to hide and maybe she knew we would care

we rescued her, it was carnival day
we always believe she was abandoned by them used as a breeding doe, although she could not say
and thrown out when she got to old
we would not leave her out in the cold

she became our pet
and tame she was not, though she would lick me,
she soon became friendly and grew old with us t was good to see
we got her a partner, they where unseparable to the end

she died peacefully due to old age
estimated 9-13years what an age

so thanks thumper, as we named you
for making my life a rabbit filled one through and through

(photo to come)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

yaretzi wrote:Are we able to enter this if we didn't officially adopt from a rescue? I originally got my two from someone who was going to dump them out into the park near my college. I'm assuming we aren't allowed to enter but I thought I'd ask!
I have put Coco on here, and mini lop 1 has put Thumper, so I don't see why you can't put yours on here too?
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
mini lop1

Post by mini lop1 »

sdf76 wrote:
I have put Coco on here, and mini lop 1 has put Thumper, so I don't see why you can't put yours on here too?
sue :)
:-bd this as they wher abdoned and unwanted at the end of the day, and we saved them :-bd
bunlover

Post by bunlover »

not sure if im too late to enter or not?
today is the last day of june though? anyway here goes in case

I have a rabbit called arthurImage
(originally a private rescue who i took on as a freind for dora he had been fed on bread and carrot scraps and was all skin and bones it was a wonder he survived his teeth were curled and horrible but he grew up happy with us) he then sadly lost his wife after a long batle with ec and seizures as he is very human friendly we thought we would bring him indoors as he does like being in and he wouldn't need re-bonding, sadly he moped around and was unhappy so we went to windwhistle warren and spoke to alice, we found a beuatiful bunny and they started licking each other a great sign....sadly after i continued the bonding i realised something wasnt right she would be grooming him then suddenly attack him drawing blood not typical bonding behaviour i then found her making a fully fledged nest..uh oh i thought and rang alice to check she was neutered. it sadly wasnt going to work and i had to take her back i felt so mean..... Image(it turns out that she had an incomplete spey and was having a phantom preg and after rectifying with surgery and then recovery she is now happily bonded to another bunny in a new home)
so arthur searched again he was this time understandably wary at windwhistle and didnt seem to like any of the rabbits we tried so we moved on to female pairs, again nothing seemed to catch his eye....then alice had an idea....what about santi and peppermint she said.... i ddint realise they were still there having been in rescue a long time and being very special neglect cases which the vet wasnt even sure would make the night when they came to alice she nursed them better and got some weight onto them and was waiting for the right home......Image
so i tried it and low and behold we had three very happy bunnys flopping licking and a little bit of fur pulling. so i took all three home to london with me i had to steal an indoor cage off alice as i didnt have a carrier big enough for three! thankfully the accomodation i had at home was. after a very easy bonding indoors i had a happy trio! and all three are very happy Image ImageImage
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Just realised I haven't added Her Ladyship's story yet!

After Blackberry passed I went in search of a small doe to be his wife.

The RSPCA had lots of large rabbits, lots of bonded pairs, but no small females ready for adoption. When I explained why I wanted a small doe the lady on duty said that there were some more bunnies, but they had only just been spayed/neutered, so weren't on view yet. She showed me a couple of the does. One was a white and brown butterfly marked lionhead cross called Sweetheart, and the other was a brown/grey scruffy looking bunny called Jane - well, I have a soft spot for scruffy looking bunnies :) We visited Jane every other day to get to know her, and she very gentle and sweet - and was allowed home with us a few days early as she didn't have to wait for the vet to remove her spay stitches as she'd done it herself :))

Sadly she didn't want to bond with Buttercup - soft and gentle with humans, she was a Tasmanian Devil when she met him! She'd been dumped in a cardboard box with litter mates, and had a wound inside her leg, so hadn't had the best experience of other bunnies :(

She has become a bedroom bunny (she can't be free range as she chews everything!!!), and is a total diva! She has a beautiful mane, and is a lovely grey colour - so much for me trying to rehome to plainest bunny :))

mini lop1

Post by mini lop1 »

im struggling to find thumpers photo in my photobucket as it will be with years of rabbits photos so bare with me :ymblushing:
mini lop1

Post by mini lop1 »

not them one wanted to use but thumper is the agouti in this photo

edit to add just found this one -
she didn't care whatever the weather was she loved to be out

Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Thank you for adding your stories, Dodger is going to choose a winner tomorrow evening after I've read them out to him :)