Two new arrivals on Saturday

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
The Rabbit Retreat

Two new arrivals on Saturday

Post by The Rabbit Retreat »

Was asked by a lady if I could help, her sister had 2 bunnies that were being neglected and one was very ill, she contacted the RSPCA who wouldn't do anything, not even a visit, even though it was a clear case of neglect, they are both female around 9 months old, not vaccinated, not neutered, never seen hay, very thin and very dehydrated, the owner wouldn't take them to a vet, she was told that they would die if they didn't get veterinary help and she wasn't bothered at all, said if they died that she wouldn't have to look after them

So, this is Lulu Latte, she is painfully thin, she has bite wounds on her back, chronic diorrhea and her teeth are very overgrown, she couldn't drink from the bottle but the owner wouldn't give her a dish, her feet are scalded and have matted lumps from standing in wee and from the diorrhea

This is her teeth

This is Millie Mocha

She is thin but not as bad as her sister, she has some scratch wounds, her eyes are very watery

Hunnybunny2007

Re: Two new arrivals on Saturday

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

OMG - I will never get used to the attitude of some people, "leaving them to die" :(

Thank goodness they are now safe with you :)
kermit

Post by kermit »

Oh my, these two have such a sad tale but they are lovely! Glad they are with you x
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

OMG how awful :( At least the one sister had some sense and compassion. Why on earth did the RSPCA not take them?
I hope Lulu Latte and Millie Mocha will gradually make a full recovery with you .
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

I hope these two begin to thrive now that they are in good hands. xx
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
mini lop1

Post by mini lop1 »

poor girls, soo glad they are now in safe hands, would love to see update photos