Pledge A Pound - A Worthwhile Cause?

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
The Rabbit Retreat

Pledge A Pound - A Worthwhile Cause?

Post by The Rabbit Retreat »

Please read this and YOU decide

This is Bella Bumble, she is a 5 year old bunny who was taken in by Tracy at the Rabbit and Guinea Pig Welfare in Rugby and thank goodness she was, this was her when she arrived

I went to visit Tracy half an hour after this girlie had arrived, I took one look and said I would find her a sanctuary place, I have never seen a more depressed bunny in all my life, she had 'given up' and when I heard her story I could see why, she started her life as 'Lily' a much loved pet, for the first 3 years she was a free range house rabbit and very pampered, had everything she wanted and was really spoiled, then her owner became pregnant and 'Lily' was bought her first hutch and promptly demoted to the garden, she was quickly forgotten about, fed rubbish mix food a couple of times a week and wasn't let out for exercise very often, if at all, that is how she spent the next two years, to show how neglected she had become .......her owner hadn't even noticed her eye until it was in this state, they then said they couldn't keep her anymore and handed her over to Tracy.

I took Bella Bumble home and got her the urgent vetrinary treatment she needed and tried to get her eating, she was soooo miserable and it took some time but we are going in the right direction, as soon as I saw her I knew she had cancer and that being unspeyed was going to be problem and so when the vet came last week to do check ups she examined her and said that if we were going to spey her then we should do it now and so on Thursday our Beautiful Bella Bumble went in and was speyed, yes she had 4 cancerous growths and the vet *thinks* she got it all out but obviously only time will tell, at least we know we made the right decision and we have given her every chance, she is back at home and recovering well, we are so happy with her progress

My point to all of this is, obviously to update you all on Bella Bumble and to ask ..... Pledge A Pound - Is it a Worthwhile Cause? ........ you bet it is

In January we were lucky enough to be drawn out of the monthly draw by the very handsome Dodger and we received a £75 donation, that £75 donation has paid for all her veterinary treatment for her eye and it's paid for her spey, so I would like to say a huge thank you to all the PAP organisers and those people who work tirelessly behind the scenes to raise money and raise awareness, most of all I would like to say a huge thank you to all those people who donate £1 every month to this very worthwhile cause

If you are one of those who donates then just think what you have done, you have helped a bunny get veterinary treatment and to get speyed and not suffer a long lingering agonising death of uterine cancer all alone in a tiny hutch with no care or company, it really means a lot to us rescues and sanctuaries, it's not just the money it's also knowing that people are there to support us, thank you so much everyone, it really is appreciated, I know the bunnies can't talk themselves but if they could they would be saying

THANK YOU

Bella Bumble this morning

Last edited by The Rabbit Retreat on 02 Mar 2013 13:40, edited 3 times in total.
Mrs. Bunnykins

Re: Pledge A Pound - A Worthwhile Cause?

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

Thank you for the update on Bella Bumble. I remember reading about her when she first arrived at Tracys. I cried as this dear bunny looked and was so depressed and had been neglected and unloved for so long. I literally wanted to pick her up in my arms and love her forever.

Bella Bumble has been through such alot however she is now in safe, loving, caring and knowledgeable hands.

Is PaP a worthwhile cause?..............................100% YES

I will look forward to other updates about this beautiful bunny. :x :x :ymhug: :ymhug:
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Thank you so much Theo for updating us with Bella Bumbles story, I hope she has many years with you, however long she has I know it will be filled with love and care :)

PaP celebrates it's 3rd birthday in a few days time, and reading stories like Bella Bumbles makes me realise just how worthwhile Pledge a Pound is :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Thank you Rabbit Retreat for posting Bella's story.
I'm so glad she has been able to have the veterinary care and love from you that she deserves.

£1 a month seems very little to give but when there are many of us Pledge a Pound can help so many rescues and so many animals. :)

How wonderful to know just how great an effect the £75 from the monthly draw has had for you and for Bella. :)
Thank you so much for sharing and good wishes to Bella for a speedy recovery. :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

Beautiful Bella and a lucky bun to get the care she needs.
Definitely a worthwhile cause. It has helped so many rabbits, and piggies, and makes a huge difference to the to rescues. and agree Sue, £1 is not going to be missed by most people yet added together can change lives.
hurricanhoney

Post by hurricanhoney »

Definitely a worthwhile cause.
bunniesgalore

Post by bunniesgalore »

It's definitely worthwhile but also very clever. Not too much is asked of any one individual, but combined, all the single pounds really add up. So glad Bella's looking and feeling so much better and happier. She's a beautiful girl.