Daisy theTravelling Rabbit Adventures

If you want to create a new fundraiser please contact Hunnybunny2007
sdf76

Re: Daisy theTravelling Rabbit Adventures

Post by sdf76 »

Daisy is now on route to her next host and I will be posting photos of Daisy's recent holiday on here tomorrow.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Daisy has had a great time on her recent trip to the Caribbean, meeting lots of new people. :)
Her special towel has helped Daisy to spread the word about Pledge a pound :)

Daisy in her seat on the Virgin Plane getting ready for take-off. She's a bit disappointed there's no carrot cake for lunch but she settles for a salad and apple juice.
(She thinks as an International Star she should be in 1st class, not Economy ;) Lol)
Image Image Image

After a safe flight Daisy arrives at Miami airport. Daisy then transfers by coach to Port Everglades for a somewhat breezy sailaway.
Image Image
Hold onto your hat Daisy!! :)) She wastes no time at all in bagging a sunbed with her special towel so everyone will know who she is and learn about Pledge a pound. :)
Image Image

I admit I did forget her special cards but I had one of Dodgers cards in my bag so we used that.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

1st port of call was Grand Cayman.
Daisy had to leave the big ship and get to the island by small tender and it was a bit of a rocky boat trip, but she said rabbits are never sick and she would be fine once she got on the sand....Here she is,peeping out of the back window of the tender. Daisy loved telling people on the tender and on the beach about how Pledge a pound helps rabbits and guineapigs. :)

Image Image

Daisy went to the beach at Calypso Jacks

Daisy thought she might like to go snorkelling with us? so we used a snorkel mask box as a bathysphere for her. ( I did try it under water with my hat in it first and the hat stayed dry) but I think Daisy was a bit too big and the water leaked in a little, so she had to lie on her towel drying her bobtail.
Daisy said it was most embararrasing. :ymblushing: as people were laughing at her... but I made her feel better by saying it was all in a good cause, as I told them about Daisy and her travels for Pledge a pound.

Image Image Image

sdf76

Re: Daisy theTravelling Rabbit Adventures(New pics 10th Dec)

Post by sdf76 »

Daisy would like to mention that she has a week free from 9th to 16th Jan 2015 if anyone would like to host her?

Daisy's had a lot of travelling lately and has her sponsored climb in Africa to do later in Jan/Feb 2015, so she would be more than happy to stay in the UK for that week (especially if she could meet some lovely :x bunnies or guinea :x pigs). Daisy does miss meeting with live bunnies and guinea pigs when she's abroad.

sdf76

Re: Daisy theTravelling Rabbit Adventures(New pics page 39 )

Post by sdf76 »

I've heard that Daisy has now safely reached her next host :) so I will try to get photos of her hols with me on as soon as possible.

Daisy was very kindly allowed to sit near the champagne waterfall on the 1st day at sea.... :-s ...don't fall back and knock it over Daisy!

The next day of the cruise Daisy was on the Island of Roatan (Honduras)on a snorkel trip- she said she was definitely NOT going in the water and would stay safely on board

but was thrilled when the skipper of the Jolly Roger let her drive the catamaran. Several people took Daisy's picture- one from Sydney Australia. :)

Daisy also listened to a Band in Roatan and had her photo taken in lots of unusual places!
Image Image Image

Honduras coffee shop.......................................
Image Image
..............Daisy didn't snorkel so didn't see any fish in the sea... but she did spot this one.. ;) .do you think the fish saw Daisy in the cake? :-s :))
Image Image

sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Next stop for Daisy was the Island of Cozumel, Mexico-all trips were cancelled due to adverse stormy weather but Daisy did have a little look at some local shops there, including Hooters bar and listened to a Mexican band.
Image Image

sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

After another day at sea Daisy came to princess Cays on the Island of Eleuthera, Bahamas.

Daisy had her special towel out of course and made sure everyone knew who she was :) even though she was a long way from home.
Image Image
ImageImage
- some people took photos and some wanted their photo taken with Daisy... like this lovely lady in the Seagull gift shop there. :)
Image Image
...everyone loves Daisy!.... :)
....well you know Daisy...she does like to attract attention. ;)

she listened to the guitar player there too.

and Daisy even met a shark! ;)

sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

before she knew it Daisy was sailing off to St Maarten.
We stayed on the Dutch side, as Orient beach on the French side of the island, is part nudist and Daisy didn't want to take her hat off ;) St Maarten is also famous for the low landing planes over Maho beach but we stayed away as Daisy said nothing must budge her hat! :)
Daisy loved the Christmas decorations there too.
Image Image

More Daisy photos tomorrow ( St Thomas, Glrand Turk and Miami)
sdf76

Re: Daisy theTravelling Rabbit Adventures(More New pics p39

Post by sdf76 »

During the holiday it was Thankgiving day **== on the ship. An American lady called Betty told us that it was a tradition started by 2 tribes of Indians in USA where they helped one another and shared food before Christmas (~~) .
Daisy told Betty that was a bit like Pledge a Pound where we help the rescues and people donate treats for the rabbits and guinea pigs for us to send them at Christmas :) .
Image Image

Image Image

There was also a balloon drop and music and dancing which Daisy enjoyed :) .
Image Image

There is a also video of Daisy dancing in the balloons when I work out how to get it on here.

sdf76

Re: Daisy theTravelling Rabbit Adventures(evenMore Pics p39

Post by sdf76 »

at St Thomas Daisy went on the Castaway Cat to Buck Island.
Daisy was rather disappointed :( [-( that there were no male rabbits on Buck Island at all :( it was just where the turtles swim round :-\ .

but Daisy soon cheered up when one of the crew gave her a rum punch :) ,....

.... and everyone wanted to take photos of her. :)

Here's Daisy on the front of the boat with the Captain...

and Daisy with the catamaran skipper.