Gulliver's Travels: Gulliver's Journey

sdf76

Re: Gulliver's Travels: Gulliver's Journey

Post by sdf76 »

If he wants a suit which would be suitable for a wedding ( ? ), I'm sure the tailor of gloucester's mice could run something up for him by September. ;) :) I do believe they have a template of his measurements. ;)
sue :)
Last edited by sdf76 on 27 Jun 2012 08:20, edited 1 time in total.
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

with regard to the facebook comment that he looked a bit petrified in pic 4 of his work experience :)) Gulliver would like to point out that he was just wide-eyed with excitement. :))
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Gulliver will soon be en route to the Kingdom of Spenser, where a good stock of both quality tea and good Scottish whisky awaits him.
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

susie bun wrote:Gulliver will soon be en route to the Kingdom of Spenser, where a good stock of both quality tea and good Scottish whisky awaits him.
:-bd

I reckon he'd like plenty of shortbread too, and he has confessed he wants to try one of your choc ices ;)
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Blackberry wrote:
susie bun wrote:Gulliver will soon be en route to the Kingdom of Spenser, where a good stock of both quality tea and good Scottish whisky awaits him.
:-bd

I reckon he'd like plenty of shortbread too, and he has confessed he wants to try one of your choc ices ;)
Plenty choc ices in stock, but running low on strawberry splits (shopping day tomorrow). My tin of Jubilee shortbread is almost done, but I will try to keep him a bit.
kermit

Post by kermit »

Do you think his Lordship will accept the wee man?
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

kermit wrote:Do you think his Lordship will accept the wee man?
They certainly won't be left unsupervised! ;)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

just missed the post- Gulliver will be sent to Susie bun tomorrow.
Windwhistle pics uploaded tomorrow too.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

sdf76 wrote:If he wants a suit which would be suitable for a wedding ( ? ), I'm sure the tailor of gloucester's mice could run something up for him by September. ;) :) I do believe they have a template of his measurements. ;)
How exciting :) looking forward to seeing the pics of Gulliver at Windwhistle :)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

A Fun Bunny with a Serious mission

Today I went to visit Alice's rescue at Windwhistle Warren http://www.windwhistlewarren.org.uk/support.html- The Pledge a Pound site donations really help with the huge bills of the rescue. :) There were so many rabbits and guinea pigs(over 100) that Sue only took photos of a few as we were rushing off to the vets.( In fact Sue was in such a rush she sat me on the side and forgot to put me in the pictures!- Not impressed! 8-| - However here are some pics of the bunnies. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image I peeped into the special care room Image

there were sooooooo many runs in the field, (Sue took pics before the bunnies went out). Alice’s husband has made many of the runs and hutches in his “spare” time (after his full-time job). Alice makes sure all the rabbits get out to graze every day unless illness or bad weather prevents.
Image Image
then we were off to the vets at Lydney,.http://www.sundeanvets.co.uk/ with 5 rabbits (and 3 dogs ). I told them I am trying to raise the profile of 26 rescues in the UK helped by PaP and I am a Fun Bunny with a serious mission. :)
First I watched while the vet examined a mummy bunny and her two babies
Image Image
and more of Alice's bunnies were vaccinated
Image Image
then ...Can you imagine my surprise when I discovered that it wasn't another work experience but it was ME that was getting the health check!... :-o (I knew I should have worn a white coat!). Alice said ALL bunnies have to have a full health check and vaccinations. I was a little concerned at first, but when the vet said how much she liked my sparkly chest fur, :ymblushing: :x I was won over. The vet nurses liked me too :x .
they held me gently Image weighed me, Image listened to my chest,
and checked my ears Image
...and THEN...!!!!... ....What the????.. :-o .my temperature is FINE I said, trying to jump off the table.. I'm sure that's not the end the thermometer goes?!!.. :ymblushing:

. Well I have had to block part of the image with a star!...how undignified!. :ymblushing: .(well you don't see pics of Brad Pitt or other celebs having a medical do you!!)
At least now I know I am super fit as well as super famous! :D
However- I think I need to check out that hip flask after that!!. :-o Phew!! #:-s . so I'm off to Susie buns. :)
See you in Scotland!!
Gulliver
Last edited by sdf76 on 28 Jun 2012 13:27, edited 1 time in total.