Frequency of pooping

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Apache

Frequency of pooping

Post by Apache »

Alfred was very much of the "in and out" variety and seemed to poop constantly, however Paddington won't poop where his hay is, and seems to go about 3/4 times a day in a separate litter tray. He does a decent volume, and he's always been like this since he arrived.

I just wondered if other rabbits where like this too?
sdf76

Re: Frequency of pooping

Post by sdf76 »

i think they're all different. As long as Paddington is pooing a decent amount and the pellets are not hard and tiny or muscousy then it's fine. :) It's good he uses his litter tray. :) I once had a rabbit called Sooty who actually would come in from the garden into the rabbit room to poo in her litter tray rather than go on the lawn!.
Coco's poos were smaller and darker than say Mintys because Coco ate little hay and grazed such a lot and Minty eats lots of hay. Minty will just go anywhere as well as in the litter tray and her poos are big and golden. In fact even when the 4 rabbits were here, I could mostly tell which part of the grass each had pooed on by the size and colour of their poos and where the poos were.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Apache

Post by Apache »

Thanks Sue - he does do decent size golden poos, so that's good to hear.

LOL at Sooty, she sounds like Paddington!

Although I did have to get one of those giant litter trays from Manor Housing - which I have to say is wonderful, no more dragging of the litter tray, and its so big and deep, he can dig away :)
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

As long as they are a good size and plenty of them he's doing fine :)

When Twinkle was a house bun she would never poop anywhere but her litter tray, now she's outside she's not so good :-\ ( and follows the rest of them and poops wherever she likes :))
Apache

Post by Apache »

Thanks Sue - sounds like Twinkle became a wild woman :D LOL
RabbitResidenceEllen

Post by RabbitResidenceEllen »

My first rabbit was fairly good with the litter tray, although sometimes she'd sit in it, lift her tail and miss the tray completely. The tragic thing was that after her spondylosis developed she couldn't get into the tray quick enough- one time she woke up, suddenly realised she needed to go, stumbled and somersaulted towards the tray and just left a trail of wee across the carpet. I don't blame her for that though!
Apache

Post by Apache »

Aww - bless her!

I did have a few issues with "missing" the litter tray so got a high sided one :-)