Did you know they were the one?

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Hopper Holidays

Did you know they were the one?

Post by Hopper Holidays »

When you chose your buns did you go on looks, personality or a mixture of both? Did you just know that they were the bun for you straight away or did you grow to love them?

Buzz came to me as a partner for Molly who I loved dearly and though he would not have been my first choice looks wise I was happy that he made Molly happy. When Molly died I had Lady as a foster who I bonded with Buzz as he looked so unhappy (again possibly not my first choice though more to do with her personality as she is very timid and doesnt really like to be stroked). Tilly again was a foster and again I possibly would not have picked her out of a line up but now I have her I love her to bits and have come to appreciate REWs. Alfie and Midnight I fell in love with by pics on the net though I did get to meet Midnight before she came to live with me.

Anyway after all that waffle, I have a good set up and could possibly offer a home to another rescue, so should you go by looks or by personality cause as I've found they may not be your ideal in terms of looks but offer so much more?
Mam to Midnight, Alfie, Tilly, Buzz, Lady, Taye
Foster mam to Gus and Jack

www.hopperholidays.co.uk
hurricanhoney

Re: Did you know they were the one?

Post by hurricanhoney »

Honey was from a breeder and she was the one that came to me.

Wesley I went for because he was a REW and not generally picked quickly.

Merlin was placed into my arms at the Fatfluffs birthday party and the rest is history.

Akasma was picked by the rescue to go with Merlin and so was Frankie to go with Akasma as Merlin was originally too sick to come to live with me.

Stupot was picked by the rescue. I just said I needed a friend for Akasma after Frankie died.

Diego was my foster and I couldn't let him go.

Generally my rabbits are picked by the rescue as I don't really have any preferences I just love rabbits.
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

I have always loved bunnies but never had the intention of being a pet owner cos I didn't want the responsibility - even when working with rabbits I never got tempted, and I have never liked black, so if I had been choosing I wouldn't have chosen a black one (I always preferred white)

Then I saw Blackie, fell head over heels in love with him, the others had to come too....... :x

When I got Lady I went to the RSPCA looking for a smaller bunny to meet Buttercup. Lady was in a group who had been dumped in a box :( I could have had the one they had called 'Sweetheart' - white with pretty brown markings and a bit of a mane. Lady was a browny grey, with tufty fur, no mane, and had been called Jane (as in Plain Jane) - so she came home with me, cos I thought she would probably be overlooked. She has a fab personality (although she pretended to be all sweet and demure when I met her :)) ) and is really beautiful now :x
Jacq

Post by Jacq »

1st - Tibby, REW lop, the only one left in the pet shop, liked to sit as high up as she could usually on the back of the sofa.
2nd - Jazz, agouti lop, again pet shop sat at the back of the hutch,completely bonkers.
3rd - Patti, REW lionhead, RSPCA, loved her cuddles.
4th and 5th - Roxy a black and white lionhead and we picked Max , black and white english spot,as a partner for her as he had been in rescue for 8 months and we were told no one wanted him when they were told he was very timid and I felt sorry for him.It did take almost a year for him to relax.
Sadly when Roxy died, Max went back to being withdrawn so we made the decision to get a friend. We tried 2 in rescue and he wasn't keen. We finally got Lulu from RU and they are totally in love. Lulu is a black lionhead cross who I think may have been here before. She went straight up to him,sat next to him and groomed him :)
I didn't pick them by colour or appearance. I think they sort of picked me :)
Hopper Holidays

Post by Hopper Holidays »

There are just so many who need a new home its hard to pick one out of the thousands :(
Mam to Midnight, Alfie, Tilly, Buzz, Lady, Taye
Foster mam to Gus and Jack

www.hopperholidays.co.uk
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Spenser's previous owner thought he was the most suitable of the buns she had available for rehoming.
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

I've always gone for the long termers or the poorly ones, I've never bothered about their colouring or breed, I just love bunnies :x
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

We fell in love with Floppy and Sonic who were 12weeks old. Whe Sonic passed away at 16 wks I had to find a new partner for Floppy. I took him to a rescue and we paired him up with Mittens who was gorgeous but the rescue thought she was the best candidate, not chosen by us.

Millie was free to a good home on Gumtree and I thought she was gorgeous the minute I saw her. Then Mittens was pts and a week later Starfish appeared after Jill rescued her. She was gorgeous and adorable and I knew she was meant to be part of our family. I set about emailing about her every week and once she was spayed and healthy she came to live here. Who knows who the next buns will be but I am sure the right ones will appear at the right time.
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

Hopper is the new bun to live with an existing one as that will affect who is suitable :)
Apache

Post by Apache »

Yes - it was strange I just walked into the RSPCA and saw Alfred, and that was that.. My parents where with me, and even now they say it was strange the way it happened :x