Could Dodger have vibes please - update another seizure

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Hunnybunny2007

Re: Could Dodger have vibes please

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Rabswood wrote:Prayers for this little one.
He looks like Oxo, he's really struggling with his back legs, but he's not giving up, he was out of the crate this morning and moving around the living room, he has clean vet bed in the morning and night and his litter trays have been cut down so he can get in and out.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

bunlover wrote:Poor dodger. When Dora had her ec she had seizures we upped the metacam and did another course of pannacur but at a double or may have even been triple dose (on rabbit savvy vet advice) I wondered if this might be an option it certainly helped her leg issues and incontinance. Her seizures. Sadly continued though she was very happy in herself till the end. She did become incontinent again later towards the end though but just a thought.
He's dragging one of his back legs, I will contact the vet to see if I can up the dosage, he's still on panacur, baytril and metacam, some days he seems better than others, it's so sad to see him like this :(
kermit

Post by kermit »

Such a shame, sounds like my wee Inca was :(

Would acupuncture help at all?

Vibes xx
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

So sorry to hear Dodger isn't improving at present- I do hope the increased medication dosages will help.
sue x :ymhug:
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Apache

Post by Apache »

Thinking of the lovely Dodger - and you, I hope his meds make him feel more comfortable x
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

How is Dodger doing now? I hope there has been some improvement? sending vibes for him :x :x
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Apache

Post by Apache »

More vibes for Dodger, hope he's beginning to improve x
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

I spoke too soon :(

Dodger had another seizure last night, this one lasted longer :( This morning he seems to be his normal self and couldn't wait for breakfast, he's now under the dining room table which is his favourite place :(

He's adapted well to not having the full use of his back paws and can get around very quickly (especially when he knows there's a treat or food available :)
kermit

Re: Could Dodger have vibes please - update another seizure

Post by kermit »

Sounds like he is just learning to adapt well with whatever life throws at him.

He is such a fighter! Vibes for the wee guy xx
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Hunnybunny2007 wrote:I spoke too soon :(

Dodger had another seizure last night, this one lasted longer :( This morning he seems to be his normal self and couldn't wait for breakfast, he's now under the dining room table which is his favourite place :(

He's adapted well to not having the full use of his back paws and can get around very quickly (especially when he knows there's a treat or food available :)
I'm so sorry to hear Dodger has had another seizure. :(
He probably doesn't know anything about it at the time :) ( most people don't) so he's not suffering during a seizure but of course it looks scary for you. He won't be in pain as he's on the metacam :) and they cope well with leg problems.

.. you just have to make sure his surroundings are soft so he can't injure himself, which I'm sure you do..
I remember once when bunlover was on holiday and I was minding Dora ,bunlover said.. if she has a seizure don't touch her or you'll make it worse...she'll come out of it and wonder where she is for a few minutes then will go on as normal. Dora was having 1 seizure every 4-6 weeks at that time and as she had just had one we didn't expect her to have another in the next fortnight so I had made no special provision.

....but Dora had a seizure in my rockery :( and I was initially frantically trying to put my hands under her fast moving head so she wouldn't crack her head, so I had to pick her up, her limbs flailing and put her on the lawn where she could roll and thrash about safely.

Dora used to lose control of her bladder during a seizure so you would have to gently wash her later but you had to be really careful washing her or she would fit again.

Is it the 28day course of panacur that Dodger has?

I do hope the extra meds will help.

sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny