Now Daisy is poorly - she's gone :-(

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
kermit

Re: Now Daisy is poorly - update its EC

Post by kermit »

Just read through this. My wee Kermit ad very bad head tilt from EC. It's a horrible thing to have as they seem to take such a while to get over it, but the fact that she is eating is fab!
It really can be one step forwards and 10 back, but they are wee fighters.

The rolling is distressing, but the wee ones learn to cope with that too, and manage to right themselves better.

Vibes for your wee one x
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I'm sorry to hear Daisy has EC, however as you know, there are many whose rabbits have had it, who will be able to give you advice on how best to manage it.
sue xx
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thanks Kermit & SDF76 :)

Daisy came home last night :D She has eaten a lot of herbs & veg, some hay and even some of her pellets :) she's taking the medication well, however she is rolling quite a bit still :( I hate to see her like it :(

Kirsty how long did Kermit roll for or did he always roll once he got the head tilt?
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
MariasAnimalShelter

Post by MariasAnimalShelter »

Sorry to hear about Daisy. Last month we had a few poorly rabbits, a couple had E Cuniculi and then one came down with snuffles. It is a very worrying and stressful time.
I hope all goes well with Daisy tomorrow and she can return home with you. x
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

I'm so glad that Daisy is home :)

It's so distressing to see them rolling, I found that putting Dodger in a small cage with vet bed and rolled up towels around the sides helped him, I also made him a pillow for his head.

Dodger was like this for weeks and he seemed to get so much worse before getting better :( One day I went to give him his meds and he kept pushing my hand away, this was the point I knew he was on the mend, I remember lifting him out the cage and putting him on the floor, where he started moving around the carpet without rolling :)

How badly tilted is Daisys head?
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thanks for the lovely photo of Dodger Sue :x

Unfortunately Daisy worsened considerably during the day yesterday, I had to go to work :( in the morning she was able to sit up took all her meds and was eating and even trying to get out of the carrier. When I got home from work she had obviously been rolling a lot during the day I could tell by the state of the vet bed etc in the carrier and she was unable to sit up I had to rush off to the vets with Buttons so repositioned her and left her some herbs to eat. When I got back from the vets she hadn't moved or eaten I think the neurological issues had considerably worsened and then she started rolling again I could not leave her like this so I took her back to the vets and helped her along to the rainbow bridge =(( =(( the vet agreed with my decision all the time she was able to sit up and eat I was prepared to carry on but not being able to eat or sit up at all just laid out rolling is not good and I wasn't prepared to let her carry on in disttress =(( =((

We also got the results of the urine test back yesterday which confirmed that Daisy was positive for EC, so now all my other 3 bunnies are on a course of Panacur I am praying it does the trick and none of them will get it :-s
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Hunnybunny2007

Re: Now Daisy is poorly - she's gone :-(

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

I'm so sorry Sue :( Daisy was lucky to have someone to care for her the way you did x

Binky free beautiful Daisy x
Apache

Post by Apache »

I"m so sorry Sue :(

You did everything you could for your beautiful girl - binky free little Daisy xx
RabbitResidenceEllen

Post by RabbitResidenceEllen »

I'm so sorry to hear that :( We've had some amazing bunnies at the rescue that have gone on to lead good lives with head tilt but only when it is stable and if it isn't, you have to be kind in the only way you can. EC is a wretched disease.
kermit

Post by kermit »

Oh what sad news :(
You did your best and she tried her hardest, wee fighter.
Sleep tight wee angel xx
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.