Rescues - Open Days

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
bb mommy

Rescues - Open Days

Post by bb mommy »

At Hopper Haven we are planning our first open day of the year on April 7th - the first day we re-open to the general public after winter.

What I'm after is your ideas and suggestions........

We need to pinpoint exactly what it is that people like to see when they visit a rescue for an open day.
Whilst making it a pleasurable day for our visitors, we also need to maximise the fund raising so what sort of things do you like to see, take part in etc etc.

Usually the tea, coffee and cakes is a no-brainer, but any great suggestions for what else you'd like to see? What makes you part with your money. What is an absolute "no-no" in your eyes.

Please contribute - all comments/views will be appreciated!!

Caroline

Hopper Haven Sanctuary www.hopperhaven.org.uk
hurricanhoney

Re: Rescues - Open Days

Post by hurricanhoney »

I'll pop along if you don't mind as I'm not too far.

I've been to quite a few. I love the tombolas as that addictive. Merchandise and things to buy for bunnies if people have donated anything to you. Guess the rabbits name. A raffle. Treasure hunt perhaps. Where you put signs or stars up at the open day and people have to find them.
bb mommy

Post by bb mommy »

We'd love to see you there.....and some good suggestions too. I like the idea of a treasure hunt.....

Any more ideas peps???

Hopper Haven Sanctuary www.hopperhaven.org.uk
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

I'll try to come along.

You're not too far away fro me.

Ideas.........hurrican honey has said some good ones.

Now any of my own. ............. :-? :-? :-? :-? Do you have any old gp tunnels, igloos, carry cases etc that are surplus to requirements and could be sold for your benefit?

Guess the name of the toy rabbit?

Any local celebrities/celebrity to some along and open the event?

An auction of quality goods? Nothing too expensive of course. This time of year there are always lots of unwanted Xmas presents around. Perhaps people could donate some.

Any vets come along and give a 15 minute talk about rabbit health?

A stand with RWA leaflets.

I have some lovely rabbit glove puppets and have used them in the past to raise funds for various charities. I'm double jointed so the movement of the paws and mouth are quite realistic!!! Well, so I've been told :-o :-o :ymblushing: :ymblushing:

I hope this may be of use to you.
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

I'd love to go to one of these but they are all too far away from me.

If children are likely to attend a lucky dip could be quite popular. Pound shops are a great source of things that can be split up, a sweetie added and still a profit made at 50p a time - more if kind folks donate.
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

How about asking your local paper to come along and do a story and take pictures too?. More publicity the better especially for people who can't come along to the open day.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr