barc bunnies Nov update

Here you can see the work done by the rescues we support and where the money goes each month.
bunnymadhouse

barc bunnies Nov update

Post by bunnymadhouse »

As i missed on updating again last month I thought while i had a few mins spare i should do my November update now .

All the bunnies good .
lots in and lots out .
Some 5 star homes coming up which is good to see . More than usual i think . but sadly having to turn a lot down as they dont vaccinate against vhd2. Such a worry that some owners still dont do this .

i have been relying on my volunteers heavily this last few months as ive been having some problems and worries with my health , but hopefully under control more now so im hoping to start doing more again .
sdf76

Re: barc bunnies Nov update

Post by sdf76 »

I do hope your health will continue to improve and that you have lots of suitable rehomings this month :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
bunnymadhouse

Post by bunnymadhouse »

terrible figures this month

we have had to turn away 65 rabbits .

we managed ti take in 5

rehomed 7
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

The amount we are all having to turn away is horrendous isn't it ? :(
So sad that we haven't seen an improvement in pet care in the years we've all been running.
Rehoming 7 is a good result in the current pet climate.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I'm sorry you have had to turn away so many :( I wonder why there are such high numbers of bunnies being brought to rescues in general?
What is the main reason for abandoning their pet(s)? ( assuming you believe what they tell you).
I wonder if it's because more rabbits are kept as indoor pets?
Is it the realisation about the amount of care needed? Or the costs involved perhaps?
I wonder what ( if anything) could be done to encourage people to keep their pet(s) or perhaps not get them in the first place.? :-\
sue
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny