chaz 3 legged bunny - rehomed

bunlover

chaz 3 legged bunny - rehomed

Post by bunlover »

Image if i pose cutely maybe someone will love me?
Image i will even beg!
Physical Description: small black lion-head 3 legged
Temperament timid but friendly
Sex male
Neuter Status: neutered
Vaccination Status : mxyi done 2 weeks back and vhd being done this week.
Health: no pre existing issues bar having only 3 legs
Type of home wanted: outdoors where he will hopefully have a wife and free range time some of the time, don't advise indoors as he chews lots and loves grazing on grass
Reason for re-homing: this little fella came to me via a plea from a friend. this is his story.

found as a stray in April guessed to be around 2 months old with his front leg mauled (we guess by a dog) never claimed by an owner. the vet policy was pts as surgery expensive, the vet in question on shift took pity on him and between him and the nurses there they did the op successfully on the quiet, resulting in him becoming a 3 legged bunny. the vet nurse fell in love with him during her helping him battle secondary infection (skin deep not bone) and decided to have him live with her. she had him neutered, she tried bonding him with another buck who was also a neutered stray and they initially got on then a fight broke out ( i suspect too much space to soon but don't know details) they were separated and lived in separate hutches. the lady's husband had to have an operation on his spine soon and they have a young son, also she lost her job with the large vet chain, she then lost her home and moved into her mother in laws, unfortunately her mil wont have the bunnies there. she asked a kindly neighbor to take on her two single boys, the neighbor agreed to let them stay in her garden until a month ago. the vet nurse has got another job now but still cannot move out therefore decided re-homing was kindest for the bunnies she was sad to see them go. this is where i and another fosterer stepped in. we agreed to take on the two boys (one each) and what with Christmas poor thing chaz has been shuttled to and fro each new home (he stayed with me at my parents over Christmas and traveled well in the car) my boys hate him but my girls seem sweet on him which is why i think he would like a girlfriend/wife of his own. he chews everything and eats lots of hay, he has been on a pellet diet with minimal veg and runs and jumps just as well as any other 4 legged. if you require more information please get in touch. he is safe with me but dearly needs a special home of his own where he can finally settle as he has been in so many places in such a short space of time. he likes to binky but due to his missing leg his binkys take more of a run up and then go a bit sideways he cant do them in a run and needs free range to do so. (nb he can be in a run some of the time as long as gets some free range access)

While i dont want money for him specifically i would like a donation to be made to Alice at Windwhistle Warren rabbit rescue so that i can continue to help bunnies there as this rabbit has only cost me food and bedding as the vet nurse paid his neuter and vaccs costs in order to help him find a new home. All homes will be home checked but i will consider various set ups as long as he does get some free range
Hunnybunny2007

Re: chaz 3 legged bunny

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Bless him, he's beautiful :x I hope he finds a loving home he deserves to have a happy ending to his story :x
bunny babe

Post by bunny babe »

Aw, he is gorgeous and such a sad beginning for him. I hope he finds a loving forever home soon. :x
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

He's gorgeous hope he finds a forever home soon and a wifey bun he deserves it after the start he's had :(
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Anyone know if Chaz now has a new home?
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Yes- he was rehomed :D

to a lady in Worcester who already has a three-legged bun living in a foursome indoors ( with some outdoor access and bunny-proofed).
She thought Chaz would bond with the 3 legged but Chaz didn't get on with him at all :( .

However she had another foursome in an outdoor shed and Chaz instantly paired up with one of the girls :x -an older bigger bunny than him, which isn't what the lady expected but he's happy. :) he likes playing in the garden free-range (shed at night) with his 4 pals and the lady's 11yr old daughter is very "animal competant" too, and took a shine to Chaz as she had him in her bedroom for a while between groups.

The lady had sent photos of her indoor and outdoor set-ups and spoken to bunlover on the phone and we took the chance on taking Chaz with us for a home-check as it was so far away (bunlover lives in London) being prepared to return with him if we were in any way unhappy .

The lady is an experienced rabbit owner and bunlover and I were happy to leave Chaz with her. :) she also made a donation to Alice's along with a basket of bunny goodies. :)
She did give bunlover updates for a while, but I will see if bunlover can contact her for a photo.
sue :)

apologies for not updating you. :ymblushing:
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

That's great news :) so glad he's found a new home.

Thanks for the update, will archive soon :)