Wanted- knitted cardigan see pic

sdf76

Wanted- knitted cardigan see pic

Post by sdf76 »

I want one or two long,warm, button to the neck,long-sleeved knitted cardigans, size 18(ish) in any of these plain colours: black, white, greys, creams, beiges, blues or pinks.
Pockets are great but not necessary.
Not designer/silly prices- just an ordinary warm cardigan!!
So many these days are buttonless or hooded so I have the option of trying to sew buttons/buttonholes or cutting off a hood :( .

I threw out a couple of my old cardigans that were really ragged and worn in the summer and now have only thin close-knit ones,which are not as warm.

If you have one you're thinking of selling, (or if you've seen one) that fits my description please pm me :) (and no- I can't knit :ymblushing: )

This is what I want ( but without the hood). I may buy it anyway if I can't find what I want, while I keep searching.

http://www.littlewoods.com/savoir-hoode ... 9%2fo%2f16
(it's out of stock anyway!)

sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Blackberry

Re: Wanted- knitted cardigan see pic

Post by Blackberry »

I saw some fab 'grandad' cardigans in Tesco yesterday - long sleeved, button up front, cosy looking, no fancy stuff (in the mens section, but who cares????) - there was a lovely burgundy, and a mossy green - I am very tempted to go and get one as they looked so comfy!
Honey61

Post by Honey61 »

Have you tried Matalan?

I have this one... although not up to the neck it is very warm & I wear a scarf with it or thin polo neck http://www.matalan.co.uk/ProductDetails ... ctID=61873

or this ...

http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product/fa ... Dept,brand
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I must admit I never thought to look in the men's cardigan section.thanks Blackberry
Thanks Honey61. I really wanted a button to the neck as I don't like wearing a scarf in the house... but I may get it and add a button or two- would be easier than adding a row of buttons to the open cardigans I've seen anyway. :)
Last edited by sdf76 on 05 Dec 2012 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Been to Primark this morning and got a fab green women's grandad style cardi for £12 :D They have loads in at the moment - bound to be one you like there :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Ok thanks Blackberry. I don't go to town very often but maybe I'll have a look tomorrow. (I have to get my Christmas decorations up and make my Christmas cake today)
Not generally keen on green as nothing to go with it, but they may have other colours. Do you know if they do size 18-20 there? I hate shopping for clothes :)) but I do like looking at all the sparkly decorations at Christmas time so that will tempt me in. :))