Please send in pledges DAISY's climb of Mount Kilimanjaro

Apache

Re: DAISY-sponsored climb of Mount Kilimanjaro!

Post by Apache »

Daisy looks like she's trying very hard :-)
sdf76

Re: DAISY-sponsored climb of Mount Kilimanjaro!

Post by sdf76 »

Daisy has completed her practice climb of Mount Snowdon. :) :-bd

more details to follow. :)

Please make any pledges for Daisy's Feb 2015 sponsored climb of Mount Kilimanjaro on this thread. :) ( No sponsorship money needs to be paid till after Feb 2015)
(present total amount of pledges £50)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Loog

Re: Please pledge DAISY's climb of Mount Kilimanjaro Feb 201

Post by Loog »

Right…… big day today, I’ve got a long way to walk and the weather forecast is a little grim I heard the hoomans say, I hope that means it will be ok… nothing bad can happen on a mountain yes ?

So I can see that they are getting all their stuff ready, backpacks, food, compass, waterproofs …. I guess I should start to get my kit ready, backpack, PAP flag, treats, carrots ….. CHECK !!

Well a long journey there I heard someone say a under 3 hours but it was all a blur, Ok rucksack on and off we go

Now which way should we go I heard Pyg and Miner, well I love other animals and we burrow under the ground so I’m really torn … can we do both ? “No daisy, we don’t have time shall we see if we climb one and ascend another” Ok … I’ll choose this one the Pyg

Aawwww look at the view from there, can we stop for a drink ?

We’ll we’re quite high now, just past the first lake, it must be time for a fenugreek treat

Image[

This path seems to go on for ever ….. we can now see 2 lakes ….. are we nearly there yet ?

Well the rain set in, it was cold and wet, then the sun came out. Thankfully I was fully covered all the time…. I hate my fur getting wet. You’ve not got any hair/fur hooman so you don’t know what it’s like, takes me hours to look this good !!! Hey we’re in the clouds we must be there soon

A great effort by all and we’ve now made it. PAP at the highest peak in Wales ….. next the world

And here is me right on the summit peak

Hoomans, hey “ …. Is there a quick way down ... I cant even see the first lake from the top?” “Sorry Daisy we’re not taking the train. Back down the Pyg and we’ll cut off and take the Miners route as you asked. Are you ok…. Would you like a bit of carrot to keep your spirits up ?”

Thanks for following my little journey, if you can spare a few bunny dollars or cents please feel free to sponsor me on PAP :)
RIP little Buttons, taken long before your time was due, always in our hearts and never forgotten :(

RIP Bouncer the great, you brought so much joy to our family and kept us hoomans 'in check' :(
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

What an adventure :) Lovely photos, I'm not sure which is my favourite, there are too many to choose from :)

Have a safe journey x
Apache

Post by Apache »

Amazing pictures - well done Loog and of course Daisy :-)
Loog

Post by Loog »

Its raining, a bank holiday what can I do ....... Let go exploring !!!

The hoomans are going to Derbyshire today to drink tea so me and my host will do some extra training in the wet at Thorpe Cloud.

We managed to do two peaks, 1000ft each, so I'm quite tired now.... lets have a little rest on the top. (-|

I hopped over the stepping stones, that was really fun and a hooman made sure my paws didn't get wet

We spent some time talking to Derbyshire Mountain rescue about safety drills on the mountain and other fund raising things.... he was really nice hooman :D

Then we went to the Izzak Walton hotel for a warm and some treats

Last edited by Loog on 25 Aug 2014 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
RIP little Buttons, taken long before your time was due, always in our hearts and never forgotten :(

RIP Bouncer the great, you brought so much joy to our family and kept us hoomans 'in check' :(
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Fantastic photos of Daisy and the amazing scenery! Well done Loog and Daisy :) :-bd
Great views!
Love the backpack! So Cool :)
I'm glad Daisy listened to the nice hoomin of the Derbyshire Mountain rescue about safety so that neither of you needed him. :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Brilliant photos of Daisy :D just posted them onto her Facebook page :D
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Loog

Post by Loog »

A short while ago I went to an airport to see some red thing .... noisy and windy it was. I found out this climb Its all about raising money for charity, the hooman say they are walking for West Midlands Air Ambulance but I'm walking for PAP. Look at me at the front ...... I'm their team mascots :x

I had a wonderful afternoon speaking to the paramedics who fly around the sky making the hommans better when they hurt themselves

Here are a few photos of my looking around the helicopter

Here is me as the pilot for the day

As the day got on I was hanging around ...... :))

I hope I don't get travel sick and look forward to being on a aircraft soon to see if I have my air paws.

Apache

Post by Apache »

What lovely pics :-)

Daisy looks like she had a good day :-)