Gulliver's Travels 2013 thread!

Blackberry

Re: Gulliver's Travels 2013 thread!

Post by Blackberry »

Fab piccies :D

Nut no light festival????? :-o

Oh dear.....

But I'm sure you'll find some good bars to help pass the time:)
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Looks like you are having a great time Mr G - the pictures are lovely :)
Honey61

Post by Honey61 »

Loving the travels Mr G :-bd
Sounds like a bit of a boo boo in the planning department though ;) :)) ..... Nevermind I am sure there will be plenty to keep you amused ... will be waiting for the next installment :D
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Oh dear - church closed for winter and no light festival! :( Better look for a sweetie shop. ;)
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I loved the photos :) - Gulliver looks very comfortable on his tunnel trip by Eurostar. :)
Belgium is famous for chocolate so I daresay you can find something to keep Gulliver happy ;)
I love seeing the photos of the area.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Orange

Post by Orange »

After yesterday's itinerary malfunction (were everyone here is blaming everyone else for the ahem * slight oversight* ahem #-o ) we embarked on a full day's sightseeing in Ghent.

First stop was the Rabot (sluice gate). This defensive structure was built around 1491 after an unsuccessful siege of the city by Maximillian of Austria in 1488.

I decided to have a go at defending Ghent against potential invading Austrians. Can you spot me on guard?

Last edited by Orange on 27 Jan 2013 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

I spy Gulliver :D

Glad you are having an educational time :)

It's a good job you are there to keep the peace between your hosts :))
Orange

Post by Orange »

Next stop was the Dr. Guislain Museum of psychiatry and mental health. This museum is housed in a functioning psychiatric hospital. We arrived at 12:10 only to find the museum did not open until 1pm! #-o What! Who is running this holiday??! So we wander around the hospital grounds for a while, before retreating to the gift shop and cafe until the musuem opened.

The musuem was really good, but also a very sad and disturbing look at the treatment of mental illness over time. Not really the sort of subject for a photo shoot of a cute rabbit like me and there is absolutely no disrespect meant here to the suffering that people endured. However I did spot two little gems I thought you might enjoy. ;) (Please scroll down to next entry if you are of a delicate or easily embarrassed disposition.) OK here goes; you have been warned :ymblushing: :ymblushing:

I am not smirking, honest :D The next panel is even more informative... remeber this the next time you are in Argos looking at hoovers...

Still not smirking :))
Last edited by Orange on 27 Jan 2013 23:47, edited 2 times in total.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

smirking? :)) noooooo.....I'm just laughing =)) =)) =))

Well...it sounds like your holiday is somewhat different from what you had planned =)) =)) no doubt you will remember it more vividly than the pretty Festival of Lights =)) clearly a day in a psychiatric hospital was much more interesting. :) I enjoyed the info anyway :)
sorry...can't stop laughing :))
Great photos of Gulliver. :)

sue :)

I am going to add, that having had a relative with severe depression, I know that mental health problems are no laughing matter. I am just laughing at how different the holiday is, than that planned. :)
Last edited by sdf76 on 28 Jan 2013 01:19, edited 2 times in total.
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Orange

Post by Orange »

After the museum, our wanderings took us past the place where Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor was born. For those of you who remember your Tudor history he was a contemporary and rival of our own Henry VIII. The palace has long gone but a model of the palace marks the site. Here's me at the spot...

Hmmm... :-? as you can see the model has been stolen! :-o Someone had helpfully taped a photo in place of what we should be seeing! :-o

As you all know, I'm a very patient laid back bunny, but at this point...no light festival, wrong opening time at the museum and now stolen statues...I demanded to be sent straight home out of this chaos!