Gulliver's Travels 2013 thread!

Orange

Re: Gulliver's Travels 2013 thread!

Post by Orange »

sdf76 wrote:I hope he got to Orange safely with all this snow?
sue :)
Watch this space... ;) Gulliver has a packed programme coming up, including two foreign trips and a wedding! :D
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Oh... a wedding - he might get to wear his suit again then? :)
He does love his adventures abroad. :) ...I may be able to take him to Rome in the Spring too. :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Orange

Post by Orange »

Hello everybun,Gulliver reporting in. After a brilliant stay with my relatives (and girlfriend :ymblushing: ) I am starting my 2013 adventrues in the same place I started them last year, in the Big Smoke with Justine :D I have a packed programme over the next two weeks; first I'm off to Ghent in Belgium (via Eurostar) tomorrow for their Light Festival. Then I go Stateside in Chicago and finally I rush back to be in time for a wedding at Allerton Castle in North Yorkshire. Phew!

Justine decided we needed to get fit for all our adventures so we went to badminton last night. Here's me at the sports centre. Please note no one has actually picked up their racquet yet...

I decided to referee. Please note still no one on court...

And here's me still waiting...hellooo... less talking more action please...
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

:)) Hope they eventually got around to playing a match - and more importantly, having a coffee and doughnut afterwards :D
Orange

Post by Orange »

After the pathetic showing at badminton last night, J and her OH decided on a more leisurely approach to the weekend activities. Tonight we went to Fifteen, the restaurant started by Jamie Oliver to give disadvantaged young people a career. Anyone remember the TV series?

On the way we passed The Eagle pub on City Road, made famous in the nursery rhyme. Altogether now: "Up and down the City Road, In and out The Eagle, That's the way the money goes, Pop! goes the weasel" (actually the pub was rebuilt in 1901 but you get the idea...)

Then onto Fifteen...

By this time it was definitely cocktail hour. I chose a Racy Rhubarb to ensure I got my vegetables for the day. Sorry the photo is a little(!) on the large side, but I'm sure you don't mind seeing me in glorious close up. The rather fetching jumper in the background contains J's OH :D

Tomorrow we are off to Ghent in Belgium via Eurostar. See you all on the other side of the Channel :D
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Splendid new photos of Gulliver. :-bd
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Fantastic photos :) love the Badminton pics and interesting seeing The eagle pub. :)
Lucky Gulliver- more cocktails...looks delicious. :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Soon back on the booze, eh Gulliver? :)) :)) :))
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

The snow photos were lovely :)

I'm glad you are embracing a keep fit regime and watching your diet this year Mr G - we don't want you getting too big for your box ;) =))
Orange

Post by Orange »

So this morning we are off to Ghent in Belgium! Here's a photo of me looking after J's passport in the departure lounge. Hope you like the passport holder. She wishes :))

Getting excited! Here's me boarding Eurostar to Brussels. Sorry the photo isn't any better, but we were standing on the platform while simply millions of people surged passed us trying to board the train. For some reason people started to get a bit annoyed at J clogging up the platform taking a photo of me. I have no idea why...

Here' s me seated comfortably speeding through France to Belgium. Being a rabbit I didn't mind being in a tunnel for a while!

We had a brief stop in Brussels, where it was absolutely freezing. Just time to take a quick photo for the album, to say 'I woz 'ere.' :D

And we arrive in a rather picturesque, if a rather snowy, Ghent :D This is me outside St. Michael's Church. Sadly the church was shut for the winter.

We then had a walk to St.Michael's Bridge.

Here's me looking all European art film stylee. Not! :D

We are staying in a hotel situated in the row of houses behind me. It all looks so pretty doesn't it?

So, the reason we are here is for the light festival. After dinner this evening we embark on our tour of the beautifully lit public buildings in Ghent. Arriving at the Cathedral we notice a distinct absence of lights. We don't understand...a quick check on the great google reveals the truth ...the festival isn't on this year!!!!

Oh Dear!! :-o :-o :)) :))